Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Bridge Project

We had another party on Friday. I forgot (aka too stressed out of my mind) to take pictures. It was a hectic night.

BUT ANYWAYS:  NO, Don't! played an awesome, beautiful, intricate and crazy noise set as the opening band, and The Kyle Sowashes followed them up with a fun and energetic pop-punk (and I mean that in the nicest way) set full of songs that if I had known the words to, I would surely have been singing along.

It was fun.

The next day I traveled to Cleveland for The Bridge Project (check it out here and here). I didn't even know there was a tunnel underneath the Detroit-Superior bridge, so it was a real treat to see it and walk through it. The tunnel is about a mile long, and used to be used for street cars. It was dark and damp and creepy but architecture was beautiful and everyone that was out seemed excited.

.


 
Many long tunnels and creepy archways.
Seriously, this bridge should be made into a mile long haunted house.

This was awesome-looking, but honestly all I could think about was mosquitoes and bacteria and parasites breeding in the water(!)... but then I remembered that nothing living can survive in the Cuyahoga River anyways. Phew.

We had accidentally been following this bride & groom around that were taking their wedding photos on the bridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment