Thursday, October 1, 2009

tomato pie, anyone?

So anyways, I'm bringing myself to talk about ground cherries. These fruits are one of my favorite things ever to take home from the produce auction. They are kinda weird, but ground cherries are a sweet & sour cousin of the tomato and a closer relative to the tomatillo (both have husks) but they taste like neither. I ended up with lots and lots of ground cherries this year, thanks to my friend Janee (look! its my pup) and her wonderful CSA. So, like any normal person, I made pies:






If you are intersted, the recipe I used I found here. I also think this recipe would be good, with the crumbly sugar topping.

And if you're reading this and you know anything about ground cherries and/or how to eat/cook them, please let me know!!! I would love to find out more ways to enjoy them next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment